Christmas 2009

Christmas 2009
This is my favorite from this shoot!

Friday, May 22, 2009

Lexi's Language Development and Linzi's stats

Lexi is becoming quite the little talker these days and I wanted to update you all because I think it's so cute!!! Hopefully I'll get pictures up soon too, but while it's quiet and I'm thinking about it I wanted to jot down a few things:)
As most of you know Lexi's "school" (daycare) speaks mostly Spanish so she is learning a second language. It's so cool but now that's she's speaking a lot more I'm always not sure if what I can't understand is an English or Spanish word. It makes it difficult on Lexi too but we're fortunate we understand most of what she says and she doesn't say much Spanish to us!
About this time last year Lexi said her first Spanish word "Aqua". She loves water. Then about 4-6 weeks ago she started saying "Quiero Aqua" (I want water). Now she's saying "Quiero Mas Aqua please:)" (I want MORE water please:):):)!!!) Our child has impecable manners! Anyways. I think it's so cute and CRAZY to think that our little girl is saying sentences! It just seems like yesterday that we were awaiting Tommy's Bar exam scores and hoping Lexi didn't make an arrival BEFORE we received the results! Now... almost 2 years later, she's talking to us in sentences some being Spanish ones. I can't believe it! Actually as I re-read this it was this weekend (Memorial Day) 2 years ago that we received his results!!!!!!!! Man have our lives been changed FOREVER since then:) For the BEST of course!
Linzi is also doing really well. When she's not being smothered by big sissy, she is smiling, "talking" and hanging out with her play gym "friends". She grabs at them and smiles at them too. Her smile is infectious:) It lights us all up! She's also sleeping pretty good these days, she'll wake up about one time (in the 2 o'clock hour usually) eat and go right back to sleep. Then she's usually up about 5:30. Sometimes she's go right back to sleep but others not... since Lexi is an early riser as well, it's usually when we wake up. For the past few weeks we have been walking in the mornings and Linzi loves to be in the Snugglie, she falls fast asleep, and Lexi rides in the stroller. It jump starts our day and I love it! Lexi gets to see the school busses and mommy gets exercise:) Linzi is good in the car and just goes wherever I take her without much fuss! She's a pretty good little trooper:) Linzi is also starting to take a bottle well:) This means mommy may be able to detach from her for short trips by herself! We'll see though... I have a hard time leaving my babies:) Well that's all for now:)
Oh I forgot to mention. Linzi went to the doctors a couple of weeks ago (on 5/4) for her 2-month check-up. She was 9wks and 11 lbs 3 oz (61%) and 22 1/4" (45%)!! She's grown 2 3/4" and gained about 3.5 lbs! The doctor says she's doing great:) I would agree! I thought Lexi was easy... wow, Linzi's pretty easy too. Watch out teenage years I think we're going to be in trouble!!!!!

1 comment:

DeAnna said...

so cute! Maybe Lex can teach ISabelle some spanish!

Can't wait to see you guys soon!